One of the biggest problems ALL of us have is controlling our inner dialogue. This is the conversation you have with yourself on a daily and on-going basis. Now some people have a great internal dialogue - one that tells them to "go for it," and "you can do it." While others have the internal dialogue of:"what if I fail?", "what if I make a mistake?", "what if someone learns that I tried and failed?", "what if I get rejected/lose/embarrassed?"
Have any of these rung a bell inside your head?
These are self-limiting dialogues. These are just the opposite of the dialogues that athletes, top business people, movie stars, and high self-esteem people have running in their minds on a daily, moment to moment basis.
Controlling your inner dialogue by focusing your self-talk on what you want rather than what you are afraid of can be the biggest single thing you can do to change the outcome of your life - personally, professionally, spiritually, and family wise - that you can ever do. In business, this is more important than an MBA or some other degree that you are considering to make yourself better.
Today - commit to rewrite your future by starting first to rewrite what is being said over and over in your mind. This is internal programming that will keep you locked into be less than you can be. It is typical of most people who grew up in self-limiting home when they were growing up. And 90% of us have them - and you know who I am talking about.
Start by changing your mind by doing the following things EVERY SINGLE DAMN DAY:
Have any of these rung a bell inside your head?
These are self-limiting dialogues. These are just the opposite of the dialogues that athletes, top business people, movie stars, and high self-esteem people have running in their minds on a daily, moment to moment basis.
Controlling your inner dialogue by focusing your self-talk on what you want rather than what you are afraid of can be the biggest single thing you can do to change the outcome of your life - personally, professionally, spiritually, and family wise - that you can ever do. In business, this is more important than an MBA or some other degree that you are considering to make yourself better.
Today - commit to rewrite your future by starting first to rewrite what is being said over and over in your mind. This is internal programming that will keep you locked into be less than you can be. It is typical of most people who grew up in self-limiting home when they were growing up. And 90% of us have them - and you know who I am talking about.
Start by changing your mind by doing the following things EVERY SINGLE DAMN DAY:
- Turn off the TV. Now. Start with that - and stop watching stupid mind numbing TV shows that show peoples' problem, and crass no-brainer, no-creativity Hollywood, keep you down shows.
- Start reading every singe morning - morning - yes - morning - something inspirational, business-oriented, happy, positive, goal directed. Read for one (1) hour minimum every day. EVERY day. You will not know what happened to your life once you make the decision to do this!!!
- Turn off the radio in your car. Same crap as #1 above. "But how will I know what is going on?" I don't know - but some how I do . . . But not in the detail I once did. And only then when I read the newspaper, read Newsweek, Time, and every other publication I could - to "up on events." But these didn't help me when I was younger - except I was better informed than 90% of the population -AND I became a great debater!
- Instead of listening to the radio - listen to something educational or inspirational - like a Program from Nightingale Conant - which you can buy or go to the library and check one out
- Get up an hour earlier every morning to read
- Make your day one big affirmation. Make each minute you have each day to find out what's right rather than what's wrong - what you can do better - how you can make yourself feel better - (not at the expense of others), do better, and thereby become better.
- Decide right now you are going to be the best at what you do by your standards mixed with what the boss needs/wants, your clients' needs/want, colleagues needs/want, your family needs, and at the same time feel happy by knowing you are striving to become better and better - rather than worrying.
No comments:
Post a Comment